Pages

Thursday 8 June 2017

Helicopters

Making a paper helicopter


A helicopter is something they use to use good emergencies. The first thing we did was to  get prepared of seeing how Mrs Buchanan did it and follow the instructions.  Then we got into pairs of three then got the things we needed. Next we started by using the scissors to cut the straight lines that were highlighted back, but we had to fold the dotted lines which means we can’t cut the dotted lines. Then we folded the bottom and put a paper clip on to hold and put on extra weight to make it go down instead of flying away.  Next we drew our name in a style that made it nice. When we were all finished I went to check if anybody was in the hall so that we could go in it and try out our helicopters. When we put the helicopter in the air it falls and spins around like a helicopter. My helicopter flew high from the stage and span fast as  it went round and round as fast it could.

Criteria
What do I need to think about?
Structure
  • My introduction explains my topic: A helicopter is ...
  • I explain how I made my paper helicopter:      
    • First
    • Second
    • Next
    • The last thing I did was

  • My explanation ends with one sentence: My helicopter flew ...
Ideas
  • I have used key words to describe what I did.
  • I explain the different steps it took to make the helicopter.
Punctuation
  • Every sentence has a capital letter and full stop.
Proof-reading
  • I have read my writing and it makes sense for the reader.
  • A buddy has read my writing and agrees that it makes sense.
Sharing on my blog
I have included an image of this activity.
Labels: 2017, Writing, Explanation, Helicopter, Literacy
I have copied and pasted my text into my blog post
Title: I have created a personal title for my post
I have inserted a screenshot of my success criteria after my text.
Preview: I have checked the size of the image and text before publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.