Pages

Friday 9 June 2017

How Does A Bike Work

How does a bike work?

A bike is something that you can ride on to go to places quicker than walking. A bike has two wheels in different places one wheel is in the front and one is in the back. It is safer to wear a helmet on your head, before you start riding. To fit on the helmet on your head it is safer to put the strings as a Y instead of a V because it will be loose which will come off when you ride with it. The bike will go faster if  you have more gears on your bike which will make your bike go faster while climbing hills and going down hills. Bikes have spokes on the inside of the wheel to make the wheel in place to also make it  in a place that can make it move. Bikes have a seat to sit while you ride.When bikes  go up hills that are really high use your paddles as fast as you can to make you go up the hill faster instead of going back down. This is how bikes work.
  

Criteria
What do I need to think about?
Structure
  • My introduction explains my topic: A bicycle is ...
  • I explain how a bike works:
    • Wheels
    • Saddle
    • Handlebars
    • Brakes
    • Gears

  • My explanation ends with one sentence: this is how a bike works.
Ideas
  • I have used key words to describe the parts of the bike.
  • I explain how different parts of a bike work  (at least 3).
Punctuation
  • Every sentence has a capital letter and full stop.
Proof-reading
  • I have read my writing and it makes sense for the reader.
  • A buddy has read my writing and agrees that it makes sense.
Sharing on my blog
I have included an image of my bike diagram
Labels: 2017, Writing, Explanation, Bicycle, Literacy
I have copied and pasted my text into my blog post
Title: I have created a personal title for my post
I have inserted a screenshot of my success criteria after my text.
Preview: I have checked the size of the image and text before publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.